- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1/2 cup raisins, chocolate chips, dried blueberries, dried cranberries, etc..Mimi doesn't use raisins
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- addition sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Using pastry blender, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in raisins, sour cream and milk. Turn dought out onto lightly floured surface. Roll out to 1/4 inch thickness. Using 3" biscuit or cookie cutter, cut out desgined shapes and place on greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with additional sugar. Bake 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 12 scones.
- Mimi used to use heart shaped cookie cutters, now for times sake I just cut them in triangles. Sheh always doubled the recipe as it's just easier and for sure you will want more than 12.
NotesGiven to me by a good friend, Mimi McGilvray