- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Flaked coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. If necessary, add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup.
- Add oil mixture and pineapple juice mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
- Editor's Note: This recipe does not use eggs.
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 1 Mains and Appetisers
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in FilmSee More
Whole Grain Pizza Crust
PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
Surprise Oreo BrowniesSee More