- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Flaked coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. If necessary, add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup.
- Add oil mixture and pineapple juice mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
- Editor's Note: This recipe does not use eggs.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
From Granny's Kitchen...With Love!
Gonzalez Family~Established 8.8.14
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skinSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More