- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (12 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Flaked coconut, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Combine the oil, lemon juice and vanilla. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. If necessary, add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup.
- Add oil mixture and pineapple juice mixture to dry ingredients; stir just until moistened. Fold in pineapple.
- Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread over cake; sprinkle with coconut if desired. Store in the refrigerator.
- Yield: 12-16 servings.
- Editor's Note: This recipe does not use eggs.
The Secret Life of Bees: Cooking Your Way Through College
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Best of Eva's Family RecipesSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More