- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryI know, I know, using a box of cake mix is cheating..but “super easy" comes at a price. This cake is the perfect fall treat and is a nice alternative to pumpkin pie (I have friends who do not like pumpkiny stuff like pumpkin pie, but totally dig this cake). In fact, my friends ate my cake before I could take a picture, so I had to make it again to get a good one. Pairs well with: Starbucks Anniversary Blend, Cappuccino, egg nog, hot or cold chai tea latte
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 12 oz. can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 tub cream cheese frosting
- Cinnamon *optional
- Slivered almonds or chopped walnuts*optional
- Preheat oven to temperature recommended on cake mix package.
- Pour Spice Cake mix into large bowl. Add pumpkin and eggs and using a large MixnScraper (or sturdy spoon), mix until all of the cake mix is moistened. This will take several minutes as it takes a while to get the pumpkin to mix all the way in due to its viscosity (the batter will be very thick). **Do NOT add the water and oil your cake mix may call for**
- Empty cake batter into a greased and floured pie dish (greasing not necessary if you are using seasoned stoneware)
- Bake cake for amount of time recommended on cake mix box or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean
- Allow cake to cool in pan
- Frost with a generous layer of cream cheese frosting.
- (optional) Use nuts to create a pattern on top of cake and lightly dust with ground cinnamon.