- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 cup butter or stick margarine
- 4 tbsp milk
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 1 egg
- 1 ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp maple extract
- 2/3 cup half-and-half cream
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder and powdered sugar into a large bowl.
- Blend in the brown sugar until well incorporated.
- Cut the butter or margarine into the flour mixture until a coarse-meal blend occurs.
- Sprinkle in the milk.
- Mix the ingredients until all the mixture has been incorporated and a ball of dough forms.
- Wrap the dough and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the fridge, and knead slightly on a powdered-sugar sprinkled board to warm it.
- Roll out and press into the bottom and partway up the sides of a 9” spring-form pan.
- Sprinkle miniature marshmallows along bottom of crust.
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in small bowl.
- Beat egg, vanilla and maple extract until creamy in large bowl.
- Stir in pumpkin alternately with the sugar mixture, then gradually stir in half-and-half.
- Pour over marshmallows.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F.
- Bake for additional 30 minutes or until set and marshmallows have risen to the top.
- Cool on wire rack for 2 hours.
- Refrigerate a minimum of 1 hour before serving.
NotesThis is the ultimate in holiday indulgences… a chocolate sweet crust houses a delicious pumpkin filling with a hint of maple-caramel flavour and is studded with a topping of miniature marshmallows. A s’more? A pumpkin pie? A sweet potato casserole? You decide!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Gluten-Free and Delicious
WorkingBug's Open House Cookbook
Cooking On The Weekends - For The Love of Food!See More
Raw “Vodka Sauce”
Memere's Chocolate Chip CookiesSee More