SUPER BEER BREAD NACHOS
- Cooking Time: 20-25
- Servings: 30-36 Pieces
- Preparation Time: 20
- For Bread:
- Full box Dassant Classic Beer Bread Mix
- 12 oz. beer or soda water
- For Topping:
- 1 pound ground beef or Italian sausage
- 1 large yellow onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic - chopped
- 8 oz. fresh mushrooms - sliced
- 8 oz. prepared basil Pesto
- 2 medium size tomatoes - chopped
- 1 15 oz can whole black beans
- 2 whole avocados - cored, peeled, & diced
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 cup Mexican Four cheese - shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- Sour Cream & Salsa (optional)
Preheat oven to 375°F.
Lightly grease 15 1/4 x 10 1/4 baking sheet.
Combine liquid and mix, folding together until dry ingredients are moistened.
Spread batter on pan to edges [wetting finger tips helps spreading].
Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Cool 15 to 25 minutes before topping.
In large fry pan sauté ground beef or sausage until cooked - set aside. Sauté onion, garlic, and mushrooms - drain and set aside.
Spread Pesto on bread crust.
Sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
Layer with black beans, meat, onion, garlic, mushrooms, tomatoes, and avocado.
Top with remaining cheese, and broil until melted.
Garnish with green onions.
Cut bread into slices and arrange on plater. Dollop with sour cream (optional). Serve with salsa for dipping.
Website Credit: http://www.dassant.com/recipe/126/beer-bread-nachos