- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Italian dressing
- 1/2 loaf French or Italian bread
- Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp basil
- 2 Tbsp Oregano
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 head Boston lettuce
- 2 hard boiled eggs
- 1 can artichoke hearts, drained
- 2 large carrots
- 1 small jar marinated mushrooms, drained
- 1 can medium black olives, drained
- 2 green onions, chopped
- Salad dressing of choice
- Begin Chicken:Trim excess fat from chicken breasts and poke each 7-10 times with a fork. Add chicken breasts and Italian dressing to a zip lock bag and allow to marinate in refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- Make croutons and assemble rest of salad while chicken marinates.
- Croutons: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut bread into 3/4 inch cubes. Toss in a large bowl with 2 Tbsp olive oil to coat.
- Add cheese, basil, and oregano and toss again. Spread cubes onto large stoneware bar pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until toasted. Remove from oven and allow to cool in pan
- Salad: Remove root ball from Boston lettuce. Separate and wash leaves. Spin dry and chop with a plastic knife (to avoid browning). Divide chopped lettuce between two dinner plates.
- Slice hard boiled eggs. Arrange one egg on each plate
- Quarter artichoke hearts and arrange next to egg on each plate
- Shred carrots and arrange in a line next to artichoke hearts
- Beginning on other side of plate, arrange a line each of mushrooms, croutons and black olives
- Finish Chicken:Remove chicken breasts from marinade and grill about 7 minutes each side or until done.
- Slice each breast into bite-sized pieces and arrange down the center of the salad.
- Serve with your favorite salad dressing
NotesThis is a great salad for dinner on a hot summer day when you want something lighter that still has enough protein to fill you up. With an entire chicken breast per serving, this even has enough protein to satisfy the most anti-salad meat eater in your family.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Vegan Glass Jar Goodies
NFPG Recipe Collection
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative CreationsSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More