- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 1/3 c. flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 c. butter
- 2 c. packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 handful chocolate chips or chocolate chunks (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour with baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Melt butter in a saucepan over low heat, add sugar and stir until dissolved, the mixture will look like wet sand.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Beat in egg and vanilla, mix in dry ingredients.
- Spoon into a greased 9 X 12 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips over the top and lightly pat them into the dough.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until brownies begin to pull from the sides of the pan, the chocolate will become enveloped by the brownie batter.
- Cool in pan on a rack before cutting.
NotesI don't know exactly where this recipe came from, but I have been making these since I was 14! I know it by heart. All of the ingredients are things that you usually have on hand if you make chocolate chip cookies.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Jean’s Recipe FileSee More
Cordelia's Pound CakeSee More