- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Preparation Time:
- 1 T. or 3 packages active dry yeast
- 1/2 c. warm water
- 2 c. milk, slightly warmed
- 1 pkg. vanilla cake mix
- 4 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water & 1 t. sugar. Let stand until foamy, about 10 minutes. Add milk.
- In a large bowl, combine the yeast mixture with the cake mix and 3 cups of the flour; stir to combine. Add the remaining flour, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring well after each addition. When the dough has pulled together, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic, about 8 minutes.
- Lightly oil a large bowl, place the dough in the bowl and turn to coat with oil. Cover with a damp cloth and let rise in a warm place until doubled in volume, about 30 minutes.
- Punch down dough and turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Roll the dough into a 10x16 inch rectangle. spread softened butter over the rectangle; sprinkle on brown sugar and cinnamon, raisins can be added too. Starting from the long side, roll up the rectangle and cut into 1 inch wide rolls.
- Preheat oven to 375` Spray a 9x13 inch baking pan. Place the rolls snugly into the prepared pan. Cover the rolls with a damp cloth and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 375` for 20 minutes or until brown.
- Cream Cheese frosting is wonderful on these, canned is just fine, spread while rolls are still warm, but not right from oven.
NotesThis recipe can also be used to make Christmas coffeecakes or Stollen, just add your soaked dried fruits & nuts. Adjust baking time for larger pans. These make wonderful gifts for the holidays.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More