- Cooking Time: Crock Pot - 4 - 5 hrs
- Servings: 3 -4 pints
- Preparation Time: 30 minutes?
- Super Easy Crock Pot Apple Butter
- 5 pounds of apples (I usually use two bags of those small reddish apples)
- 3 cups of granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of apple pie spice (it comes in a small container in the spice section of foodlion)
- 2 tablespoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Peel the apples and chop them up pretty small. Toss them all into the crock pot and put it on high. Pour sugar and spices in on top of apples and stir to mix. You won't have to do anything else for hours except enjoy the great smell! About 4 - 5 hours later the apples should be soft (now is a good time to get a bowl of vanilla ice cream and try them as a hot topping --yum!!!). Take a whisk or hand mixer and stir the apple and sugar mixture and break up some of the remaining chunks with the whisk or mixer. I use those small jam jars and spoon the mixture into those until about a 1/4" from the top. Put the lid on and sit in the frig until they completely cool off, then stick in the freezer all the ones you plan to give away or keep for later! This recipe is perfect for canning and makes a wonderful addition to a gift basket with a loaf of home made bread!! When it cools, the consistency is like jam, perfect!! Really good on toast, biscuits and waffles!!
NotesI belong to a chicken forum, Backyardchickens.com, and we often share recipes, crafts, chicken stories, friendships...this is a recipe I shared my "chicken" friends and it is wonderful to freeze or can. Very easy!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
I Got Baked: Introducing Cookbook Cafe
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More