- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 ribs celery, minced
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 (10-oz) cans cream of tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (32-oz) box chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-oz) can whole kernel white corn, drained
- 2 (15-oz) cans white beans, drained
- 1/4 C chopped fresh (or 1 t dried) parsley, more or less as desired
- 1/4 C chopped fresh (or 1 t dried) basil, more or less as desired
- 2 t Italian seasoning, more or less as desired
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- Heat oil in soup pot. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook until tender. Add carrots. Whisk in tomato soup and broth. Add tomatoes, corn and beans. Stir in herbs and seasonings. Simmer for about an hour; refrigerate for several hours or overnight, allowing flavors to blend. Reheat to serve.
- Grate parmesan cheese on top at serving if desired.
- Serve with warm garlic bread.
NotesMy husband and I love to make soups and stews in the winter, and this is a recipe I devised through trial and error. It’s very forgiving, as most soups are, and can be adapted to suit your own taste. I don’t like a lot of salt, so we usually start with low-sodium ingredients and then adjust the salt at serving.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with THE HOLMES SISTERS Volume 1 "As seen on 3ABN"
GAES PTO RecipesSee More
Short Sharp Chops
CHOCOLATE CHIP ZUCCHINI BREAD / MUFFINSSee More