SUPER EASY MINESTRONE
Super Easy Minestrone
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 ribs celery, minced
- 4 or 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 carrots, finely diced
- 2 (10-oz) cans cream of tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 (32-oz) box chicken broth
- 1 (15-oz) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15-oz) can whole kernel white corn, drained
- 2 (15-oz) cans white beans, drained
- 1/4 C chopped fresh (or 1 t dried) parsley, more or less as desired
- 1/4 C chopped fresh (or 1 t dried) basil, more or less as desired
- 2 t Italian seasoning, more or less as desired
- Kosher salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
Heat oil in soup pot. Add onion, celery and garlic; cook until tender. Add carrots. Whisk in tomato soup and broth. Add tomatoes, corn and beans. Stir in herbs and seasonings. Simmer for about an hour; refrigerate for several hours or overnight, allowing flavors to blend. Reheat to serve.
Grate parmesan cheese on top at serving if desired.
Serve with warm garlic bread.