- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 box Spice Cake Mix
- 1 12 oz. can of pumpkin
- 3 eggs
- 1 tub cream cheese frosting
- Cinnamon *optional
- Slivered almonds or chopped walnuts*optional
- Preheat oven to temperature recommended on cake mix package.
- Pour Spice Cake mix into large bowl. Add pumpkin and eggs and using a large MixnScraper (or sturdy spoon), mix until all of the cake mix is moistened. This will take several minutes as it takes a while to get the pumpkin to mix all the way in due to its viscosity (the batter will be very thick). **Do NOT add the water and oil your cake mix may call for**
- Empty cake batter into a greased and floured pie dish (greasing not necessary if you are using seasoned stoneware)
- Bake cake for amount of time recommended on cake mix box or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean
- Allow cake to cool in pan
- Frost with a generous layer of cream cheese frosting.
- (optional) Use nuts to create a pattern on top of cake and lightly dust with ground cinnamon.
NotesI know, I know, using a box of cake mix is cheating..but “super easy" comes at a price. This cake is the perfect fall treat and is a nice alternative to pumpkin pie (I have friends who do not like pumpkiny stuff like pumpkin pie, but totally dig this cake). In fact, my friends ate my cake before I could take a picture, so I had to make it again to get a good one. Pairs well with: Starbucks Anniversary Blend, Cappuccino, egg nog, hot or cold chai tea latte
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Angel Acres Thanksgiving Dinner Cookbook!
Camp Nubar Baking ClassSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More