- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 cups (dry) egg noodles
- 4 sweet Italian sausages
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (preferably meatless)
- parmesan cheese
- chopped scallions (optional)
- Begin by bringing water for egg noodles to a boil and prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Warm spaghetti sauce over low heat while preparing other food.
- While waiting for the water to boil, slice sausages into round pieces about 1/2 inch thick and set in skillet. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Add mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked (add egg noodles to boiling water during this process).
- Drain egg noodles and sausage/mushroom mixture, combine with spaghetti sauce in a large serving dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and scallions (if desired).
- Be creative with the spaghetti sauce, try one with roasted garlic. If spaghetti sauce is plain or bland, add garlic, italian seasoning, fresh tomato chunks, chopped cilantro or other flavorful elements.
- Add vegetables, either in the dish or on the side. Suggestion: steamed green beans tossed with butter, garlic and parsley.
- Be careful when stirring noodles into this dish, they may break apart easily. Fold the noodles into the dish gently to preserve their shape.
- Substitute a colorful pasta for egg noodles, such as tri-colored bowties, spirals, shells or whole-wheat angel hair.
NotesThis was one of my first attempts at cooking without a recipe, it's very simple but really good! Normally, I make dinner with chicken, so this is me trying to expand my cooking horizons.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community CookbookSee More
Paula’s Vegetable Beef Chili
Beans And Tomatoes Chili Con CarneSee More