- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3-4 cups (dry) egg noodles
- 4 sweet Italian sausages
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 1 jar spaghetti sauce (preferably meatless)
- parmesan cheese
- chopped scallions (optional)
- Begin by bringing water for egg noodles to a boil and prepare egg noodles according to package directions. Warm spaghetti sauce over low heat while preparing other food.
- While waiting for the water to boil, slice sausages into round pieces about 1/2 inch thick and set in skillet. Add 2-3 tablespoons of water. Add mushrooms and cook over medium-high heat until thoroughly cooked (add egg noodles to boiling water during this process).
- Drain egg noodles and sausage/mushroom mixture, combine with spaghetti sauce in a large serving dish. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and scallions (if desired).
- Be creative with the spaghetti sauce, try one with roasted garlic. If spaghetti sauce is plain or bland, add garlic, italian seasoning, fresh tomato chunks, chopped cilantro or other flavorful elements.
- Add vegetables, either in the dish or on the side. Suggestion: steamed green beans tossed with butter, garlic and parsley.
- Be careful when stirring noodles into this dish, they may break apart easily. Fold the noodles into the dish gently to preserve their shape.
- Substitute a colorful pasta for egg noodles, such as tri-colored bowties, spirals, shells or whole-wheat angel hair.
NotesThis was one of my first attempts at cooking without a recipe, it's very simple but really good! Normally, I make dinner with chicken, so this is me trying to expand my cooking horizons.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
The NourishFull KitchenSee More
ICE CREAM IN A MARTINI GLASS RIMMED WITH OREO CRUMBS
Cupcake Wars Winning Peaches 'n Cream Cupcakes
Monkfish Stew in White Wine SauceSee More