- Cooking Time: 0
- Preparation Time: 30
- 1/2 head green cabbage, diced (this yields about 4 cups)
- 1/2 hot house cucumber, diced with skin on
- 4 Easter Egg Radishes (or red radishes), diced
- 1 cup Jicama, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced (only the green part)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime-Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Juice of 2 limes, or 1/4 cup of prepared lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fleur de Sel with dried herbs (or mix 1 scant tablespoon Sea Salt or Fleur de Sel with 1/2 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence in a small bowl, then use 1 tablespoon of that mixture.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- The key to this recipe is having every ingredient chopped into the same 1/2 inch sized pieces.
- Mix all chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- For salad dressing, mix all ingredients together in a shaker jar or whisk well in a bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over the chopped vegetables and toss well.
NotesWhile vacationing in Scottsdale, Arizona, Frieda's Specialty Produce President & CEO Karen Caplan was inspired by the Grilled Shrimp Salad at Blanco Tacos + Tequila. At home, Karen turned that salad into a light but satisfying cole slaw with 7 vegetables, dressed with zesty vinaigrette.
Submitted by: "Karen Caplan"
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Julie Tries ... Her Friends' Recipes
Let's Talk Turkey! My Family's Turkey Day FeastSee More
Ensalada Tibia con Nueces
Bibi's Cheese FlanSee More