- Cooking Time: 0
- Preparation Time: 30
BackstoryWhile vacationing in Scottsdale, Arizona, Frieda's Specialty Produce President & CEO Karen Caplan was inspired by the Grilled Shrimp Salad at Blanco Tacos + Tequila. At home, Karen turned that salad into a light but satisfying cole slaw with 7 vegetables, dressed with zesty vinaigrette.
Submitted by: "Karen Caplan"
- 1/2 head green cabbage, diced (this yields about 4 cups)
- 1/2 hot house cucumber, diced with skin on
- 4 Easter Egg Radishes (or red radishes), diced
- 1 cup Jicama, peeled and diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green onions, finely sliced (only the green part)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime-Vinaigrette Dressing:
- Juice of 2 limes, or 1/4 cup of prepared lime juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Fleur de Sel with dried herbs (or mix 1 scant tablespoon Sea Salt or Fleur de Sel with 1/2 tablespoon of Herbes de Provence in a small bowl, then use 1 tablespoon of that mixture.)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- The key to this recipe is having every ingredient chopped into the same 1/2 inch sized pieces.
- Mix all chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
- For salad dressing, mix all ingredients together in a shaker jar or whisk well in a bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over the chopped vegetables and toss well.