SUPER MASHED POTATO COMBO
Super Mashed Potato Combo
- Cooking Time: 1
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes (may sub YAM, but sweets work better)
- 1 red jalapeno chile (may sub habanero if you want KICK)
- 1 sweet bell pepper (NOT GREEN)
- 1 head fresh garlic (6-8 cloves)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/16 cup butter (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can vegetable broth or chicken broth
Halve both peppers, and remove seeds.
Roast, broil or grill until the outsides are blackened and the inside meat can be mashed.
Roast garlic in the skin until it softens.
Cut and boil potatoes in separate pots (one for sweet, one for regular) until soft enough to mash.
Mash in the roasted garlic with the Yukons until well mixed.
Mash in both peppers with the sweet potatoes until well mixed.
Combine potatoes, peppers, and garlic and mash. Pour in cream (and butter if desired) and continue mixing. Add water or broth as needed to reach desired consistency.
Salt to taste.