- Cooking Time: 1
- Servings: 8-10
- Preparation Time: 30
- 4 large yukon gold potatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes (may sub YAM, but sweets work better)
- 1 red jalapeno chile (may sub habanero if you want KICK)
- 1 sweet bell pepper (NOT GREEN)
- 1 head fresh garlic (6-8 cloves)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/16 cup butter (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) can vegetable broth or chicken broth
- Halve both peppers, and remove seeds.
- Roast, broil or grill until the outsides are blackened and the inside meat can be mashed.
- Roast garlic in the skin until it softens.
- Cut and boil potatoes in separate pots (one for sweet, one for regular) until soft enough to mash.
- Mash in the roasted garlic with the Yukons until well mixed.
- Mash in both peppers with the sweet potatoes until well mixed.
- Combine potatoes, peppers, and garlic and mash. Pour in cream (and butter if desired) and continue mixing. Add water or broth as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Salt to taste.
NotesThis potato recipe began with me trying to find something besides plain mashed potato dishes when my husband wanted me to make a "Mini Thanksgiving For Two" a few years ago. I don't remember the original recipe or why it morphed into having hot peppers added, but it sure turned out great and this is a definite favorite. This is NOT a spicy dish at all. The combination of the sweet potato and sweet golden peppers mellow out the spice of the jalapeno and it basically just melds into an awesome savory flavor, so don't be afraid of the spice! If you DO want to add a bit of spice, try a Habanero instead of the jalepeno to get that little kick. (But just a little!)
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Best of GlutenFreeHappyTummy!
KITCHEN CAUCUS Liberal HelpingsSee More
Grilled Chicken and Orange Skewers with Zucchini Rice
Endive Rhubarb Salad
COTTAGE CHEESE BRUNCH BLINTZESSee More