- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 250g almond meal
- 2 eggs
- 50g brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 250g overripe bananas, peeled (approx 3 medium-sized fruit)
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Icing sugar, to serve
- Natural yoghurt or creme fraiche, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees C. Grease a 22cm fluted tart tin with removable base. Take a large square of baking paper and moisten (give the whole thing a quick dip in some water, then carefully wring it out), then use it to line the tart tin (base and sides).
- Beat eggs and sugar for 10 mins or until pale and fluffy, then stir through the ground almonds and baking powder. Use a fork to mash the bananas, then stir in the lemon juice and vanilla. Pour this into the almond mixture then stir to just combine.
- Pour into tin and sprinkle over sliced almonds to cover the surface. Bake 45 mins to an hour or until golden brown and a skewer inserted in the centre comes out clean. Remove from the oven and leave in tin on a wire rack till completely cooled.
- Just before serving, dust lightly with icing sugar and serve with creme fraiche (if you want to be naughty) or natural yoghurt (if you want to be good) or just enjoy as is :)