- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3/4 c. of egg substitute (I use Egg
- Beaters)(doen't work as well with real eggs)
- 1 big scoop of GNC Brand Banana Creme Protein Powder
- cinnamon to taste
- Carb style,whole grain or whatever kind of bread you chose (this is one of those places where you decide how guilty you want it)
- Sunkist brand Honey Roasted Almond slivers
- Mix Egg Beaters and protein in a shaker (they have them at GNC)Shake really hard to make sure all of the lumps are gone.
- Dip bread in the mixture and cook in a skillet srayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- When the first side is cooking sprinkle almonds on the "wet" side and continue cooking as usual.
- When done sprinkle with more almonds (as desired) and serve with Butter spray (or butter or margarine) and syrup (sugar free or regular)
- (Depending on your bread and all the extras, the carb count is pretty low and the protein level is somewhere around 40g or so)
NotesThis may sound weird at first, but it's really great (even my 15 yr old son loved it!)It's super power due to the ammount of protein and guilt free 'cause I make it that way (it can be as guilty or as guilt free as you chose)I came up with this one when trying to add extra protein to my diet and was pleasatly surprised.(it tastes like banana bread french toast)
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Naked Macaron
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat NecessarySee More
Tabouleh (Cracked Wheat/Cucumber Salad)
Annie's Strawberry Dessert
Old Fashioned GingerbreadSee More