- Cooking Time: 25
- Servings: 12-16
- Preparation Time: 10
- 150g butter
- 125g Tate & Lyle Fairtrade Light Brown soft sugar
- 3 rounded tbsp Lyle’s Golden Syrup
- 1 unwaxed lemon, grated zest and juice
- 75g sesame seeds, toasted
- 50g sunflower seeds
- 50g pumpkin seeds
- 25g golden linseeds
- 200g rolled oats (porridge )
- Preheat the oven to 180C (160Cfan) gas 4. Grease and line a shallow 20cm square tin with parchment or greaseproof paper.
- Put the butter, Tate & Lyle sugar and Lyle’s Golden Syrup, lemon zest and juice into a medium pan and heat gently until melted. Remove from the heat and stir in the seeds and oats. Turn into the tin, level and press the mixture evenly and firmly with the back of a spoon. Bake for 25 minutes or until just golden around the edges.
- Remove from the oven and cool for 10 minutes then cut into 12 or 16 pieces whilst still warm. When completely cool, turn onto a cooling rack. Slide onto a board and cut into portions with a sharp knife.
NotesWhether it is the appeal of the make-do-and-mend culture that out grandmothers knew, the return of the popularity of the humble cup cake, or the new trend for artists to use food as a medium for art such as the Cake Britain exhibition, there is no denying that baking is back. Three quarters of families with young children now bake together every month. Lorna Rhodes has teamed up with Lyle’s Golden Syrup to show how parents can teach their children about baking. First recipe in the frame is the flapjack. Flapjacks are perfect for parents and children to develop their cooking skills and enjoy results which taste great every time.
To learn more about the magic of Lyle’s visit the new website: www.lylesgoldensyrup.com
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Angel Acres Christmas Dinner Cookbook!
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert CookbookSee More
Edamame and Radish Slaw
Lisa Lovegood's Butterbeer Cake
Rustic Whole Wheat Garlic & Herb PizzaSee More