- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 large tart apples
- 1/2 cup succanot or any sugar you chose, even pure maple syrup will work.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- pinch salt
- 2 pie crusts
- 1/2 half lemon organic, for the juice and
- the lemon zest.
- splash of pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- 3 tbsp sweet rice flour or any flour you have around
- core peel and slice your apples, place in large bowl along with all other ingredients besides the pie crust but you already knew that, mixing everything together.
- Pour into your pie crust, place second pie crust on top and seal shut, also poke a few holes on top of your pie to let the steam escape.
- Your pie should be on a cookie sheet and placed in a preheated oven at 425 degrees and will be done in around 40 minutes.
NotesI'm all for simple one bowl recipe, I came up with this around 3 years ago and it always comes out right. It is great when you can go around and pick your own apples too.
"Appreciation" The Complimentary "Clean Eats" Vol.3
Cook With The Twinz - Juice & Smoothies Volume One
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie TreatsSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More