- Cooking Time: 40
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 10
- 4 large tart apples
- 1/2 cup succanot or any sugar you chose, even pure maple syrup will work.
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- pinch salt
- 2 pie crusts
- 1/2 half lemon organic, for the juice and
- the lemon zest.
- splash of pure vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp cold butter
- 3 tbsp sweet rice flour or any flour you have around
- core peel and slice your apples, place in large bowl along with all other ingredients besides the pie crust but you already knew that, mixing everything together.
- Pour into your pie crust, place second pie crust on top and seal shut, also poke a few holes on top of your pie to let the steam escape.
- Your pie should be on a cookie sheet and placed in a preheated oven at 425 degrees and will be done in around 40 minutes.
NotesI'm all for simple one bowl recipe, I came up with this around 3 years ago and it always comes out right. It is great when you can go around and pick your own apples too.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
St.George YMCA-YWCA Before and After School Cookbook
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Almond or Oat Milk
Roasted Rack Of Lamb Persillade
Nathan M’s German Apple Pancakes, modified from Emeril's “There’s a Chef in My World” Cook bookSee More