SUPER SPEEDY PASTA AND BEAN SOUP
- 8 cups low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1 cup alphabet pasta (or any small pasta)
- 1 15 oz can cut green beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 eleven-ounce can white corn, rinsed & drained
- 1 15 oz can black or white beans, rinsed & drained
- salt and pepper to taste
Place broth in a medium pot and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook until pasta is al dente, about 5 minutes. Add green beans, corn and beans and simmer 2 minutes to heat through. Taste and adjust seasonings with salt and pepper.
Optional: Add 2 six-ounce cans chicken, drained and rinsed.