- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Ice Cream (peach, strawberry or vanilla)
- Yogurt (peach, strawberry or vanilla)
- 1 or 2 eggs
- frozen orange juice
- 1 banana AND/OR
- canned peaches AND/OR
- frozen strawberries
- It comes out best if you put things in in this order - the blender can handle it better. Also frozen strawberries are better because they are sweet, but fresh store-bought strawberries often are not really ripe, and are too tart. Blend:
- 1 Scoop ice cream
- 2 scoops yogurt
- 1 or 2 eggs
- splash milk
- 2 large spoon fulls of frozen OJ
- 1 sliced banana AND/OR
- 2-3 canned peach slices AND/OR
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries
- If you do not have OJ, you can use the canned peach juice instead.
- Delicious !! One glass is filling. You can refrigerate and reblend it for about 2 days if you did not drink it all the first day.
NotesI can not remember when I came up with this one - it's been a hot-weather staple for quite some time. When I was living in South Carolina, sometimes it was too hot to even be hungry, and this smoothie is so robust and nutritious, it actually substituted for a meal many days!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
KITCHEN CAUCUS Conservative Creations
Gluten-Free - Making do with what you got!
The Italian ExchangeSee More
Rich Chocolate Pecan Pie
Cheesy Stuffed Baked Ziti
GREEN BEAN CASSEROLESee More