- Cooking Time: 45-60 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Simple syrup:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x13” pan set aside(or two 9” pans)
- Over double boiler melt butter(or margarine) & chocolate.
- Sift flour & cocoa powder. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add water, vanilla extract, & melted butter/chocolate to flour mixture.
- Hand mix till combined.
- Bake in 350F oven for 45-60 minutes
- Combine sugar & water in small saucepan. Bring to boil then remove from heat.
- Mix in almond almond extract.
- Brush simple syrup over cake and let cool.
NotesYou would be presently surprised how moist and YUMMY this cake is!
Give it a try and I'm sure it will soon become one of your favorite egg-less cake recipes!
So yummy as is, no need for icing if you don't want.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie Challenge
Growers' Giveback PotluckSee More
Chinese Chicken Salad
Cheese Garlic Rolls
Mushroom GravySee More