- Cooking Time: 45-60 minutes
- Preparation Time: 10 minutes
- 4 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 3 cups white sugar
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter or margarine
- 2 1/2 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Simple syrup:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Preheat oven to 350F
- Grease a 9x13” pan set aside(or two 9” pans)
- Over double boiler melt butter(or margarine) & chocolate.
- Sift flour & cocoa powder. Add sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- Add water, vanilla extract, & melted butter/chocolate to flour mixture.
- Hand mix till combined.
- Bake in 350F oven for 45-60 minutes
- Combine sugar & water in small saucepan. Bring to boil then remove from heat.
- Mix in almond almond extract.
- Brush simple syrup over cake and let cool.
NotesYou would be presently surprised how moist and YUMMY this cake is!
Give it a try and I'm sure it will soon become one of your favorite egg-less cake recipes!
So yummy as is, no need for icing if you don't want.
A Happy Life Cookbook : Recipes for a Healthy Life
Get Back in the Kitchen! Easy Healthy Meals for the Non-Chef by Kathy and Andrew Judson
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite RecipesSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More