- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup butter, soft
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 overripe bananas (brown skins), crushed (mash them with a fork)
- 1&¾ cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Beat butter slightly before adding sugar, continue to cream together.
- Add beaten eggs and crushed bananas.
- Dry ingredients are sifted together and added to the mixture.
- Pour into buttered loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- If making muffins, cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
NotesI'm allergic to bananas now but this is still a fondly remembered favourite and I get requests for it still! The nice thing about it is that it is a moist cake texture but not overly moist.
Oliver & Grandson's Cajun and Southern Creations
Screen-to-Table Cookbook: Food in Film
Pie Among Friends: Recipes from the Second Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Zucchini Pizza Bites
Ramen Noodle Sandwich Fit For a Hungry Person
Pancit Bihon (Stir Fried Rice Noodles)See More