- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- ½ cup butter, soft
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 overripe bananas (brown skins), crushed (mash them with a fork)
- 1&¾ cups flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- Beat butter slightly before adding sugar, continue to cream together.
- Add beaten eggs and crushed bananas.
- Dry ingredients are sifted together and added to the mixture.
- Pour into buttered loaf pan and bake at 350°F for 45 to 50 minutes.
- If making muffins, cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
NotesI'm allergic to bananas now but this is still a fondly remembered favourite and I get requests for it still! The nice thing about it is that it is a moist cake texture but not overly moist.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Italian Exchange
BakeSpace's Community Cookbook Live Demonstration at SXSW
Sharing Christmas with FriendsSee More
Chinese New Years Sticky Rice Cake
Mushroom Barley Soup
Billy's Vanilla, Vanilla CupcakesSee More