SUPREME PIZZA PASTA SALAD
Supreme Pizza Pasta Salad
- Servings: 8 as a side salad
- 2 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 8 fresh white button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can of pitted black olives
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- Pepperoni or to make it healthier I use Hormel turkey pepperoni
- 1 lb ball fresh mozzarella diced (I just use the small balls and cut them in half)
- 20 leaves fresh basil, torn or thinly sliced
- 1lb wagon wheel pasta, cooked to al dente and cooled under cold water, then drained
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves or Italian dried seasoning
- 1 rounded tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
Combine tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, olives, peppers, pepperoni, mozzarella, basil, and pasta in a big bowl.
Whisk garlic salt, oregano or Italian seasoning, tomato paste, and vinegar together.
Stream in extra-virgin olive oil while continuing to whisk dressing.
When oil is incorporated, pour dressing over pasta salad, add a few grinds of black pepper to the bowls, then toss salad to coat evenly.