- Cooking Time: 15 min./batch
- Servings: 54 servings
- Preparation Time: 25 minutes
- 1 cup shortening
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 packages (13.3 ounces each) fun-size Milky Way candy bar
- In a large bowl, cream the shortening, butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture and mix well.
- Roll into 1-1/2-in. balls. Cut each candy bar into fourths; push one portion into the center of each ball, completely covering candy with dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown and surface cracks. Remove to wire racks to cool
NotesI created this recipe by trial and error using many different kinds of candy. Milky Ways were the secret "surprise" my family liked the best.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
Easy Chocolate Tart
Black Bean And Corn QuesadillasSee More