- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 c milk
- 3/4 cup strawberry jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fill 36 paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Spoon 1 tsp jelly in the center of each.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
NotesAnother great recipe from taste of home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Gluten Free Passover Cookbook for Jewish Celiacs at Pesah
Thanksgiving With The Singing VeganSee More
Roasted Butternut Bisque with Spicy Pumpkin Seeds
Julia's Fudge Puddles (Modified from allrecipes.com)
Seven More SinsSee More