- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 c milk
- 3/4 cup strawberry jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fill 36 paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Spoon 1 tsp jelly in the center of each.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
NotesAnother great recipe from taste of home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Healthy Blender Recipes: Vegan Drinks, Shakes & Smoothies
Angel Acres Holiday Dessert Cookbook
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013See More
Prickly Pear Margarita
Creamy Candy Bar Dessert
Hector's HurricanesSee More