- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 36
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1-1/2 c milk
- 3/4 cup strawberry jelly
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Beat in vanilla.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Fill 36 paper-lined muffin cups half full.
- Spoon 1 tsp jelly in the center of each.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted 1 inch from the edge comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Frost cupcakes and decorate with sprinkles if desired.
NotesAnother great recipe from taste of home.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Cooking with Sabra
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.See More
Hot Artichoke Dip
Lemon Streusel MuffinsSee More