- Cooking Time: 5-6 minutes
- Servings: 2-3 dozen
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryThis is an easy recipe for cut-out sugar cookies. I've used it for what I'll just say is a "lot of years!!"
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- Mix thoroughly the shortening, sugar, eggs, and vanilla.
- Blend in the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover and chill for about an hour (less time if you're in a rush!)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll dough 1/4 inch thick on a lightly floured board.
- Cut into shapes.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake 5-6 minutes or until very light brown.