- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 12 large (burrito size) flour tortillas
- Jamaican Pepper Sauce:
- 2 cups mango juice
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- In large bowl, mix together chicken, black beans, onions, corn, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, rice and Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- On each tortilla, spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture just below center. Fold two sides of tortillas over filling. Fold over top and bottom edges of tortillas, making rectangles; secure with wooden picks.
- On greased baking sheet, place tortillas, folded side down. Spray chimichangas with cooking spray and bake in 425*F oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Remove picks and serve with Jamaican Pepper Sauce for dipping.
- Jamaican Pepper Sauce: In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups mango juice, 3 tablespoons minced cilantro, 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning. Store in refrigerator until chimichangas are finished baking. Whisk again just before serving.
NotesBeing pregnant can open up your taste buds to flavors you've never had before. It can also make you so hungry that you will think you can eat a house! Before each Lamaze class I scarf down on one of these.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Fun appetizers and snacks
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Classic Chocolate Recipes ElevatedSee More
Holiday "Butt" Stuffing
Pumpkin Pie With Perfect Pie Crust
Nacho Cheese DipSee More