- Cooking Time: 20
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 20
BackstoryBeing pregnant can open up your taste buds to flavors you've never had before. It can also make you so hungry that you will think you can eat a house! Before each Lamaze class I scarf down on one of these.
- 4 chicken breast halves, cooked, diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1/4 cup diced fresh cilantro
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded, diced
- 1 cup cooked rice, cooled
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 12 large (burrito size) flour tortillas
- Jamaican Pepper Sauce:
- 2 cups mango juice
- 3 tablespoons minced cilantro
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- In large bowl, mix together chicken, black beans, onions, corn, cilantro, jalapeno peppers, rice and Jamaican jerk seasoning.
- On each tortilla, spoon about 1/3 cup chicken mixture just below center. Fold two sides of tortillas over filling. Fold over top and bottom edges of tortillas, making rectangles; secure with wooden picks.
- On greased baking sheet, place tortillas, folded side down. Spray chimichangas with cooking spray and bake in 425*F oven for 15 minutes, turning once.
- Remove picks and serve with Jamaican Pepper Sauce for dipping.
- Jamaican Pepper Sauce: In medium bowl, whisk together 2 cups mango juice, 3 tablespoons minced cilantro, 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning. Store in refrigerator until chimichangas are finished baking. Whisk again just before serving.