- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- Rice Vinegar 3/4 cup
- Sugar 1/4 cup
- Salt 1 1/2 tsp.
- Mirin (fish seasoning powder) Optional
- Mix together and then add to rice. Since you want the rice to soak in the vinegar, use a smaller bowl so it is more condensed and better for soaking.
- Rinse rice by hand 3 times (this is REALLY important!!!) for 1 minute each rinse. Scrub in colandar with running water over the rice.
- Put in pan with lid and use high heat until boiling and then reduce to medium and cook 15 minutes (DO NOT REMOVE LID -- even if the house burns down ;D)
- Remove pan and set aside and let rest with lid on for 15 minutes.
- After rice has cooled a bit, add sushi vinegar.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Kale Yeah It's Good...No Meat Necessary
MetroCooking DC 2013
Driscoll's Berry DessertsSee More
Zucchini Spice Cake with Lemon Sauce
Rob’s Sugar Cookies modified from allrecipes.com
Stromboli WrapsSee More