- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 sticks of BUTTER (No substitutions, seriously it won't be the same)!
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup of granulated sugar
- 2 slightly beaten eggs
- 1 T. Vanilla
- 3 cups of flour (Gold Medal works the best)
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 24 oz of chocolate chips-Yep 24 ounces.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a cookie sheet with waxed paper.
- (Karen's note: I use parchment paper in my electric oven. I think wax paper is ok for a gas oven)
- Place dough on lined cookie sheets with an Ice Cream scoop, flatten slightly. Give them enough room to spread out, they will get big.
- Start watching the cookie closely after about 8 minutes, they can over cook real fast.
- Check to see they are not getting too brown on the bottom.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and place tray and all on cooling racks until they are completely cool.
- They will still look a little doughty but they cool OK.
- (Suz's note:) My oven isn't right on so my cookies take about 18 minutes, but my Mom's house takes 14 minutes, so you really have to watch them.
NotesSeveral years ago I was working as a temp and a co-worker brought these cookies in. I am not one for making cookies except for Christmas, but we make these often to take to our daughters when we visit.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
VivaVeganGal's Family Favorites
Favourites from Ana's Romanian Kitchen
Get Fit With Good Food!See More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More