- Cooking Time: 15 min./batch + cooling
- Servings: 33 servings
- Preparation Time: 45 minutes
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tablespoon half-and-half cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- Additional chopped pecans
- Halved red maraschino cherries or red jelly of your choice
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in egg yolk, cream and vanilla. Combine the flour and baking powder; gradually add to creamed mixture. Stir in finely chopped pecans. Roll into 3/4-in. balls.
- In a small bowl, beat egg white. Dip balls in egg white, then roll in additional pecans. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Using the end of a wooden spoon handle, make an indentation in the center of each ball. Top each ball with a cherry half or fill with jelly. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until cookies are lightly browned. Carefully remove to wire racks to cool.
NotesAmong our large family's Christmas Eve tradition is enjoying these delectable cookies- one of the 20 varieties my sister bakes for the holiday. They have a pleasing pecan flavor and are so buttery and delicate, they almost melt in your mouth.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Holidays = Desserts = Happiness
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Breakfast
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013See More
Super Easy Chicken and Pepper Mexican Spiced Rice Stir Fry
How To Make Caramelized Onions
Salted Nut SquaresSee More