- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups double strength beef broth or bouillion dissolved in hot water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flou
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat a skillet and add a little olive oil. Sweat onions with a pinch of salt until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk with breadcrumbs. Stir to combine and set aside for several minutes.
- To the breadcrumb mixture, stir in onions, yolk, salt, allspice and pepper. Add meat and mix until just combined. Shape meat mixture into 1-in. balls.
- In large skillet, melt butter and cook meatballs. Remove from skillet (you may want to keep in a warmed oven).
- In same skillet, cook flour (add more butter if necessary) 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth and simmer to thicken.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup evaporated milk and heat through. Season to taste.
- Return meatballs to skillet, and add lemon juice
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Lizz Delicious Cookbook Vol. 1
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Cooking for a CureSee More
Old Fashioned Railroad Navy Bean Soup
Rice A Roni Meatballs
Homemade Vanilla ExtractSee More