- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 cup evaporated milk, divided
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- Dash pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1.5 cups double strength beef broth or bouillion dissolved in hot water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flou
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat a skillet and add a little olive oil. Sweat onions with a pinch of salt until translucent. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine 1/4 cup evaporated milk with breadcrumbs. Stir to combine and set aside for several minutes.
- To the breadcrumb mixture, stir in onions, yolk, salt, allspice and pepper. Add meat and mix until just combined. Shape meat mixture into 1-in. balls.
- In large skillet, melt butter and cook meatballs. Remove from skillet (you may want to keep in a warmed oven).
- In same skillet, cook flour (add more butter if necessary) 1-2 minutes.
- Slowly whisk in beef broth and simmer to thicken.
- Add remaining 3/4 cup evaporated milk and heat through. Season to taste.
- Return meatballs to skillet, and add lemon juice
Eating for a Look Good Naked Fitness Life - time to feel good in your own skin
"Pretty Food" for the home Chef
WorkingBug's Open House CookbookSee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More