- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 c. milk
- 3/4 c. bread crumbs (I like fresh. 1 slice of bread crumbled in the food processor)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 c. fresh parsley, minced
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1/2 lb. ground round
- 1/2 lb. ground pork
- 1 tbsp. butter
- 2 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. beef bouillon granules
- 1/2 tsp. ground pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 c. milk
- In a large bowl combine edd ang the 1/4 cup milk.
- Stir in the bread crumbs, onion, the 1/4 cup parsley, the 1/4 tsp. pepper, and the nutmeg.
- Add beef and pork.
- Mix well.
- Shape into 1-inch meatballs (should get about 30).
- Melt butter in large skillet over medium heat.
- Add half the meatballs, and cook over medium heat, for about 10 minutes or until browned on all sides.
- When meatballs are done, remove and drain on paper-towel lined plate.
- Repeat process with remaining meatballs.
- Stir in flour, boullion granules, salt and pepper into drippings.
- Cook for one minute.
- Slowly whisk in the milk.
- Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened.
- Return meatballs to skillet.
- Cook about 10 minutes more.
- Serve over hot egg noodles.
NotesDH loved these as a bachelor. Sadly, the first things to go once I got onto the scene was all the Budget Gourmet's in the freezer. To make amends, I made a homeade version, and he hasn't looked back since!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
Quick Breads, Muffins and Cakes...Oh My!See More
Easy Graham Cracker Ginger Bread House
Pecan Almond MuffinsSee More