This recipe goes with: Swedish Meatloaf Leftovers
- 1 lb. ground beef (85% lean or higher)
- 1 lb. of pork sausage (mild) (I use the Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or 2 tbsp. dried parsley)
- 1 cup fresh rye bread crumbs (just add two slices of bread to a food processor or a blender and you've got fresh bread crumbs)
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 1/4 tsp. allspice
- 1 (12oz.) jar of beef gravy
- 2 tbsp. milk
- 1/4 cup sour cream
In Medium sized bowl, add bread crumbs, parsley, milk, egg, and seasonings and mix well. Crumble ground beef and sausage into wet mixture and mix thouroughly. Place meat mixture into a good sized bread pan and bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until meat is no longer pink in center and internal meat temperature reaches 160 degrees. Remove meat loaf to serving platter and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.
While meat is resting, in a saucepan over medium heat, combine gravy, milk, and sour cream. Stir occasionally until gravy is hot. Serve gravy over noodles and sliced meatloaf.