- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for cooking
- Optional Toppings:
- Berries or other fresh fruit
- Top quality preserves
- Sugar or honey
- Real maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Add the eggs, milk, and sugar, stirring with a fork until a light batter is formed. Check to make sure there are no lumps. Stir in the melted butter. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat in a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Add 1/3 cup of the batter and immediately tilt the skillet so that the batter spreads out evenly. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until the batter has set on top. Flip using a spatula. Cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat, stacking the pancakes on a warm plate.
- Spoon fruit toppings or sugar across each pancake, and then roll each pancake up. Serve warm.
- Serves 2 to 4.
NotesIn Scandinavia, these crepe-like pancakes are often served for dinner. Although they are perfect served as a base for either sweet or savory toppings, theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re absolutely divine when paired with fresh fruit and whipped cream, good preserves or maple syrup.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Super Buddies Homemade Doggie Treats
Recipes in Rotation with Douglas E. Welch
Favourites from Ana's Romanian KitchenSee More
Steak with red onion relish
Merry Christmas CookiesSee More