- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time:
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1½ cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar or honey, plus more for serving
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, plus butter for cooking
- Optional Toppings:
- Berries or other fresh fruit
- Top quality preserves
- Sugar or honey
- Real maple syrup
- Whipped cream
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour and salt. Add the eggs, milk, and sugar, stirring with a fork until a light batter is formed. Check to make sure there are no lumps. Stir in the melted butter. Let rest for 30 minutes.
- Heat 2 teaspoons butter over medium heat in a cast-iron or other heavy skillet. Add 1/3 cup of the batter and immediately tilt the skillet so that the batter spreads out evenly. Cook for approximately 3 minutes, or until the batter has set on top. Flip using a spatula. Cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat, stacking the pancakes on a warm plate.
- Spoon fruit toppings or sugar across each pancake, and then roll each pancake up. Serve warm.
- Serves 2 to 4.
NotesIn Scandinavia, these crepe-like pancakes are often served for dinner. Although they are perfect served as a base for either sweet or savory toppings, theyÃ¢â‚¬â„¢re absolutely divine when paired with fresh fruit and whipped cream, good preserves or maple syrup.
Gluten-Free and Delicious
ES Diversity - Creating Connections through Food Volume 2 Desserts and Cakes
YummyMix.com's Blended Drink RecipesSee More
Zesty Taco Stew with Cheddar-Stuffed Cornbread Dumplings
Fried OystersSee More