- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 C butter (softened)
- 1/2 C powdered sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 C flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 C ground pecans or almonds
- Additional powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325F degrees.
- Cream together, butter, powdered sugar and vanilla blend blend in remaining ingredients.
- Form dough into 1 in balls.
- Place 1 inch apart on cookie sheet lined with Reynolds Parchment Paper.
- Bake 15 - 20 minutes, until set, but not browned.
- Cool slightly on cookie sheet and roll in powdered sugar.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- When totally cool, roll in powdered sugar again.
- *Easy clean up tip! Place a piece of Reynolds Parchment Paper on the counter, under your cooling rack. The Parchment Paper will catch the powdered sugar that falls through the rack. When you're done, shake off the extra powdered sugar, fold the Parchment Paper in half and store in between cookie sheets to use the next time you bake cookies.
- These cookies also freeze great. After the first roll in powdered sugar, when cookies are completely cooled, place cookies in a freezer container with a piece of Reynolds Parchment Paper between each layer. That will prevent the cookies from sticking together.
- Straight from the freezer, roll the cookies in powdered sugar again and cookies should thaw & be ready to eat in 20 or 30 minutes.
NotesI got this recipe from my high school boyfriend's mother. I have since learned that they go by many names... Swedish Tea Cakes, Russian Tea Cakes, Mexican Wedding Cakes. But whatever you call them... they are a delicate delicious cookie that always please. They also happen to be my mom's favorite cookie and she requests them from me often. I hope you like them!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Recipes for Vitality
TECHmunch Austin 2013 Food Blogger Community Cookbook
Basic Blends: Healthy Juicing RecipesSee More
Baked Potato Soup
Spicy Chicken Schnitzel and Bacon BaguetteSee More