- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup warm
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Place water and milk in microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute or until liquids reach (110 degrees F/45 degrees C). Pour liquids into mixer bowl; add sugar and still to dissolve. Add in yeast and let set for 10-20 minutes to proof (the mixture will be foamy).
- - Attach the bowl to the mixer and mix on low speed adding the salt, butter and egg. Once well mixed add in the flour 1/4 cup at a time. Remove the paddle attachment and attach the dough hook. With the machine; knead the dough for 5-10 minutes or until smooth and elastic.
- - Remove the dough from the bowl and shape into desired shape. Cover with a clean towel and let rise in a warm place for an hour. (You can place a bowl of very hot tap water in the bottom of your stove and place the rolls in on the rack above it). Gently brush the tops of the rolls with melted butter.
- - Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) and bake for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Upon removing the rolls from the oven brush them with softened butter once again.
NotesThese rolls are so good. The taste reminds me of something that is served at a steakhouse but they are not as light and fluffy as those rolls. These are so easy to make and taste amazing.
This recipe was adapted from a recipe on allrecipes.com titled "Sweet dinner rolls".
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
$30 Wine+Food Pairings
Mr. Ham's Sweet Brown and Red Barbecue Sauce and Other Awesome Recipes
Desperate Housewives: Juicy Dishes & Saucy BitesSee More
Mochi (sticky sweet rice cakes)
Thai Vegetable Stir Fry
Virgin Pomegranate and Cranberry BellinisSee More