- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryThis recipe comes from Guam also known as the Island where America's Day Begins or Gateway to Micronesia. We found this delightful recipe in a Classic Guamese Cookbook - Recipes of Guam by Alice Maxwell which was written in 1954.
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 2½ cups sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 8 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- Boil sweet potatoes until well done.
- Cool sweet potatoes for 1 minute, peel and mash with potato masher.
- Sift flour and baking powder before using.
- Add flour, baking powder, sugar and coconut milk to sweet potatoes.
- Mix together until dough is formed.
- On well floured surface with floured rolling pin, roll dough ½ inch thick.
- With floured doughnut cutter, cut out doughnuts.
- Deep fry in coconut oil until golden
- Dust with powdered sugar