- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 8 large
- Preparation Time:
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (20 oz) pineapple chunks in juice
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 small sweet bell pepper
- 1 lb package of Lil Smokies
- Cut the pepper into bite-sized chunks.
- Drain the pineapple, reserving all of the juice. In a medium sauce pan over no heat, add the pineapple juice, vinegar, and soy sauce.
- Whisk in the brown sugar and cornstarch.
- Turn the burner to medium high and bring the
- mixture to a gentle boil.
- Add the pineapple, bell pepper, and Lil Smokies to the pot.
- Stir together and let simmer for 10 minutes or until sausages are heated all the way
- These keep well in a slow cooker or chafing dish for several hours as a party food.
NotesMy mother makes these every New Year’s Eve. They’re gone long before midnight!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Simple Homemade Favorites
Angel Acres Soup & Chili CookbookSee More
Louisiana Crabmeat Stuffed Artichoke
Slow-Cooker Chicken Tortilla SoupSee More