- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 4
- Preparation Time: 15 minutes
BackstoryPart of my New Food Series on my blog, My Word with Douglas E. Welch (http://douglasewelch.com/blog/)
I discovered this recipe for Sweet and Spicy chicken via Pinterest on Jennifer Poole's Pinterest account. This is basically a way to dress up boneless chicken breasts and it works quite nicely. In the past I have made a prosciutto-wrapped and stuffed chicken breast and this is somewhat like an American version, using smoked bacon as the wrapper.
The spices worked wonderfully with the dish and the addition of the strip of back brought a huge amount of flavor without adding a ton of calories. Due to time constraints I cooked these entirely in a skillet on the stove top, but I think it would work even better baked, as called for in the recipe, I had trouble with the bacon coming off when I turned the chicken breasts. It wasn't something that ruined the dish but baking would have made it easier.
If you are looking for a great way to dress up plain chicken breast, in a way that brings new flavors to the game, give this recipe a try
- 4 chicken breasts cut in thirds (12 pieces)
- Bacon slices
- salt and pepper to taste
- garlic powder
- chili powder
- brown sugar
- Spray ovenproof dish with cooking spray or wipe with Olive Oil to print sticking
- Cut each breast into 3 pieces
- Season all the chicken with the spices
- Wrap a bacon slice around each piece
- Roll in brown sugar and place into an oven proof dish
- Bake at 400 degrees for 30 to 40 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and bacon is nice and brown and crispy
- We served this with a side of homemade rice pilaf
- More Bacon Recipes you may enjoy!