- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 cups pretzels
- 1 cup Fritos
- 8 mini peanut butter cups
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 tablespoons)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips (or however many you want)
- Optional: Some peanuts for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a 13×9 inch pan with parchment paper or no-stick (Release) foil.
- Place pretzels in food processor and pulse to break - don’t pulverize. Add Fritos to processor and break them up with pretzels. Dump into pan. Unwrap peanut butter cups and throw them in the mix. It should look similar to this, keeping in mind this is a half batch.
- Place butter in a non-stick saucepan and melt over medium heat. When butter is melted, stir in brown sugar. Bring mixture to a full boil and boil for 1 minute, stirring once or twice. Pour over Frito mixture and bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle chocolate chips over hot candy. Return to oven for 1 minute to soften chips. Spread softened chocolate chips over bars.
- Cool at room temperature until you feel the pan is cool enough to be transfered to your refrigerator, then transfer to refrigerator to set the chocolate. When chocolate is set, lift from pan and break the candy up as you would almond toffee. You can eat it cold or let it come back down to room temp. It doesn’t have to be refrigerated, really.