- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T Butter
- 1 pound walnut pieces or pecan halves (4 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 T or 2t coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
- Coarse raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using about two 2 tablespoons of butter, generously butter a 12x10x1 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the nuts, granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt and pepper until well combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until gold and bubbly, stirring once or twice. Remove from oven. Sprinkle generously with raw sugar and toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a large piece of foil and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Break apart to serve.
- Store nuts in airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks or freeze for up to three months.
NotesThese are great on a spring mix salad topped with vinaigrette, feta and mandarin oranges.. They are also addictive on their own. Good thing they are simple to make!