- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 2 T Butter
- 1 pound walnut pieces or pecan halves (4 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1 T or 2t coarse sea salt or kosher salt
- 1/2 t freshly ground pepper
- Coarse raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Using about two 2 tablespoons of butter, generously butter a 12x10x1 inch baking pan, set aside.
- In a large bowl stir together the nuts, granulated sugar, corn syrup, salt and pepper until well combined. Spread mixture into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until gold and bubbly, stirring once or twice. Remove from oven. Sprinkle generously with raw sugar and toss to coat.
- Transfer mixture to a large piece of foil and cool completely (about 30 minutes). Break apart to serve.
- Store nuts in airtight container at room temperature for up to two weeks or freeze for up to three months.
NotesThese are great on a spring mix salad topped with vinaigrette, feta and mandarin oranges.. They are also addictive on their own. Good thing they are simple to make!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Halloween Easy Eerie Edibles
MY KIDS REALLY EAT THIS! Turner Parents Cookbook 2013
Special SmoothiesSee More
Peking Style Smoked Chicken
Quick and Spicy Tomato Soup
Grilled London BroilSee More