- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 3 pds. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- cracked black pepper & garlic salt to taste ( I use lots)
- dry Italian salad dressing seasoning packet (0.7 oz)
- 1 (14 1/2 oz.) can diced tomatoes (I use garlic, basil, oregano flavored)
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 (15 1/2 oz.) chili beans
- 8 Tbls. chili powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbls. honey
- 3 cans water
- In a 6 quart pot, brown ground beef and drain. Add olive oil to pot and saute' onions until lightly browned. Return ground beef to pot and add remaining ingredients. Cover with lid and boil 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- After 20 minutes of a boil, uncover and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Turn the heat off and let sit and do NOT stir. You want the top to thicken for 45 minutes. After chili rests for 45 minutes, stir and serve!
- To Make Chili Dogs
- Top cooked hot dogs with chili, shredded cheddar cheese and onion on a bun! I use the honey buns!
NotesThis was my mom's chili recipe but kicked up a notch! My hubby's aunt adds sugar to everything and it really taste good in my chili! I love making the chili dogs with my homemade chili as well!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Secret of the Wings Cookbook
Adventures in Cooking
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for LunchSee More
Corn Fritters ( Sorullitos)
Mambo Pork Rolls with Sweet Potatoes
Red Lentil And Vegetable SoupSee More