- Cooking Time: 15
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 10
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 2 TB ginger, grated
- 2 TB onion, finely chopped
- 3 TB Mr. Spice brand sweet & sour sauce (5ml sodium/tsp!)
- Canola oil for frying
- In a medium size bowl, mix together the ground turkey, carrot, garlic, ginger, onion & Mr. Spice sweet & sour sauce.
- Mix until well blended.
- Form into small meatballs, about a heaping tablespoon size.
- Put a TB of canola oil in frying pan and then place meatballs in pan.
- Once meatballs are completely cooked throughout, pour a couple TB of Mr. Spice sweet & sour sauce in the pan and mix with the cooked meatballs.
- Let simmer with the sauce for a minute or two.
- Serve hot on a bed of rice.
NotesI am always looking for new ways to tweak a recipe for my youngest son who is extremely limited to a low sodium diet. These are sooo yummy. Serve them along with some rice & brocolli...soo good!
Adventures in Cooking
Cupcakes from Food Network's Cupcake Wars winner, Annette Starbuck
Foodie BabySee More
Dark Molten Chocolate Cakes
Shrimp and Penne Pasta Salad with Pesto, Bocconcini and Cherry Tomatoes
Turkey and Heirloom Tomato Frittata with BasilSee More