- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 2
- Preparation Time:
BackstoryAfter spending practically my whole day off in the kitchen, I wanted something quick and easy for dinner. So with a couple chicken breasts and some spices, we had a nice meal of sweet & spicy chicken.
The recipe I started with was one from AllRecipes.com. However, I was in the mood for something that had a touch of sweetness. Given this, I adapted the recipe for Spicy Garlic Lime Chicken to make my own Sweet & Spicy Chicken.
Here is my recipe for Sweet & Spicy Chicken.
I served this with a sour cream & chive baked potato and sweet & spicy buttered corn cobbettes.(I used the same sweet & spicy spice mix to make an flavored butter for the corn.)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- In a small bowl, combine all the spices.
- Flatten your chicken breasts with a meat mallet to allow for even cooking.
- Coat both sides of flattened chicken breasts with the spice mixture generously.
- In a pan, heat the butter and olive oil over medium heat.
- Saute chicken until golden brown, about 6 minutes on each side.
- While chicken is cooking, squeeze the lemon juice over the chicken.
- Continue cooking stirring frequently to coat evenly with sauce.