SWEET AND SALTY PEANUT CHOCOLATE CHUNK COOKIES
- Cooking Time: 10
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped unsalted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
Place nuts in a small baking pan.
Bake at 350° for 8 minutes or until lightly toasted; cool.
Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife.
Combine flour, baking powder, and baking soda, stirring well with a whisk.
Place sugars and butter in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended (about 2 minutes).
Add vanilla and egg; beat until combined.
Add flour mixture to sugar mixture; beat at low speed until well blended.
Stir in peanuts, chocolate chips, and salt.
Drop dough by teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned.
Cool on pans 5 minutes.
Remove cookies from pans; cool completely on wire racks.