- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- 1 lb. lean ground beef
- 1 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1 egg slightly beaten
- 2 tblsp chopped onion
- 2 tblsp water
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- Dash of pepper
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup chilli sauce
- 2/3 cup grape jelly
- Large Frying Pan with cover
- Mix ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, onion, water, garlic, and pepper together.
- Form by hand 20 to 25 meat balls.
- Place the oil in a warmed large frying pan.
- Brown the meatballs lightly in the oil.
- Place cover on pan and cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove meatballs and drain the excess fat from the pan.
- Combine chilli sauce and grape jelly into the pan on medium high and stir until it melts
- Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes until sauce thickens.
- Once the sauce is smooth place meatballs back in the pan and baste sauce over the meatballs.
- Here are three ways to serve the final dish.
- Place sauce over the brown rice, followed by the meatballs.
- Take sub bread open up and hollow out some of the middle of the bread. Drizzile sauce into the middle followed by the meatballs.
- Put toothpicks in meatballs.
Notes[VIDEO] Feed Me Bubbe - Episode 3 - Sweet And Sour Meatballs
This dish is rated Fleishig and can be eaten with meat meals.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Hemp Healthy Cooking: Hemp for Lunch
Happy Father's Day Day... Your Favorite Recipes
The Best of Brock: Celebrating 85 Years of CookingSee More
STUFFAT TAL-QARNIT (Octopus Stew)
Frosted Apple Cinnamon Bars
BANANA WELLINGTONSSee More