- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- 5 lb.. pork spareribs cut in serving size pieces
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Cup vinegar
- 1 Cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 Cup catsup
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onions
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Spread ribs, meaty side up, in a single layer shallow pan.
- Brown in 425 F oven for 20 minutes; drain off fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a saucepan; stir smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and glossy, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over browned ribs; spoon about half of the sweet sour sauce over meat.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn ribs, cover with remaining sauce and bake for 30 minutes or more, or until well done.
- I like to add drained pineapple chunks, as I put them on the table.
- Adds color & more sweet taste.
NotesA great dinner for the family. A little messy, but that is part of eating spareribs. Finger lickn' good!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Adventures in Cooking
Rainbows Of Vegan LoveSee More
Oatmeal-cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
Chicken with Roasted Lemon & Rosemary SauceSee More