- Cooking Time:
- Servings: 6
- Preparation Time: 35
- 5 lb.. pork spareribs cut in serving size pieces
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 Cup vinegar
- 1 Cup crushed pineapple, undrained
- 3/4 Cup catsup
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1/2 Cup finely chopped onions
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- salt and pepper
- Spread ribs, meaty side up, in a single layer shallow pan.
- Brown in 425 F oven for 20 minutes; drain off fat.
- Combine remaining ingredients, except salt and pepper, in a saucepan; stir smooth.
- Cook over medium heat until thick and glossy, stirring constantly.
- Sprinkle salt and pepper over browned ribs; spoon about half of the sweet sour sauce over meat.
- Reduce heat to 350F and bake for 45 minutes.
- Turn ribs, cover with remaining sauce and bake for 30 minutes or more, or until well done.
- I like to add drained pineapple chunks, as I put them on the table.
- Adds color & more sweet taste.
NotesA great dinner for the family. A little messy, but that is part of eating spareribs. Finger lickn' good!
Easy Homemade Salad Dressings
Shrimp Recipes That Bubba Would Love (inspired by the movie Forrest Gump)
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law LibrariesSee More
Olive's Deep Dish Strawberry Rhubarb Pie: Pushing Daisies
Sesame Snow PeasSee More