- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (or substitute plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (use graham flour for a nice taste.)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup breast milk or formula (or more)
- Mix sweet potatoes and bananas in a mixing bowl with egg yolks. Stir in the flour and add the baking powder.
- Add up to 1/3 cup of milk while stirring. Stir in 1 tbsp butter.
- The mixture should have the consistency of thick, lumpy sauce like an "instant" pancake mix.
- Place a non-stick or heavy iron skillet over medium heat on top of the stove and add 1/2 tsp butter.
- Pour batter in the skillet and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break. (1 to 2 minutes)
- Flip the pancakes and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- These freeze well.
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
Science 8 is Cooking with Chemistry 2013
Let Food Be Thy Medicine ... and Medicine Be Thy Food
Second Grade Holiday CookbookSee More
Sweet Potato Pizza Dough
Grilled Summer Veggie Pizza
Zesty Italian ChickenSee More