- Cooking Time: 5
- Servings: 3-4
- Preparation Time: 5
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted (or substitute plain Greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup cooked sweet potatoes, mashed
- 1/2 cup ripe banana, mashed
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour (use graham flour for a nice taste.)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup breast milk or formula (or more)
- Mix sweet potatoes and bananas in a mixing bowl with egg yolks. Stir in the flour and add the baking powder.
- Add up to 1/3 cup of milk while stirring. Stir in 1 tbsp butter.
- The mixture should have the consistency of thick, lumpy sauce like an "instant" pancake mix.
- Place a non-stick or heavy iron skillet over medium heat on top of the stove and add 1/2 tsp butter.
- Pour batter in the skillet and cook until bubbles rise to the surface of the pancakes and break. (1 to 2 minutes)
- Flip the pancakes and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- These freeze well.
Eco-Chefs Kids Culinary Cookbook
Life on a Beach Easy Seafood Cooking at Home
Victory ala Mode: Recipes from the First Annual South Side Pie ChallengeSee More
Gluten Free Gingerbread Cupcake with Browned Butter Butter Cream Frosting
Cinnamon Blueberry Crumble
Mrs. Jackson’s Grits – “Selma”See More