- Cooking Time:
- Preparation Time:
- -- Crust --
- 1/2 cup butter flavored shortening
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoon Powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1/4 cup ice water
- -- Filling --
- 4 cups drained cherries juice reserved (recommended: Oregon Fruit Products Canned Bing Cherries)
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoon Tapioca
- pinch Salt
- 1 1/4 cup juice (reserved from cherries)
- Tiny dab red gel food coloring
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- For the crust: Blend shortening, flour, powdered sugar, butter and salt. Cut flour until it resembles cornmeal. Beat egg, blend in vinegar and water, and sprinkle over flour mixture. Toss with fork. Chill before rolling, about 1 hour. Makes 2 (9-inch pie crusts).
- For the filling: In a large size bowl, mix together all ingredients and pour into the pie shell. Cover with top crust and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for 45 minutes or until golden.