- Cooking Time: 60 minutes
- Servings: 12
- Preparation Time: 20 minutes
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 6 eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 cups chopped, fresh cherries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.; grease and flour a 10” Bundt or tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and the sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla and almond extracts.
- Beginning with the flour mixture, add alternately with the yogurt to the egg mixture. Gently fold in the cherries.
- Pour batter into tube pan and distribute evenly. Bake about 1 hour or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan on a rack for 20 minutes. Invert onto a cake dish and let cool another 30 minutes before glazing.
- For the glaze, beat confectioners' sugar, cream cheese, and a tablespoon of milk; add additional milk as necessary. Drizzle over the top of the pound cake.
NotesI had to try out a my new kitchen gadget--a cherry pitter! Of course that meant a Cherry Pound Cake was in order!
Holiday Meal Planning
Wine Pairing Chat
Cupcake Recipes: Allison Robicelli Cupcake Chat
The Real Deal Apple Recipes.
Noshing with NOCALL: Recipe Pathfinders of the Northern California Association of Law Libraries
Baby Food: Baby's First Solid FoodsSee More
pistachio cranberry icebox cookies
Teeny Tiny Italian Meat-loaves
Mom's Holiday Stove Top StuffingSee More